Resume of Beth Massura
Master's in Arts Management, Arts in Youth and Community Development concentration
Columbia College Chicago. Completed coursework; currently writing thesis.
Graduate-level Management courses.
Loyola University of Chicago.
B.A. in Visual Communications Design, Philosophy minor.
B.A. in Communication, Advertising concentration.
B.S. in Economics, Psychology and Communication specialties.
Purdue University, West Lafayette, Ind. Graduate with distinction.
Adjunct Faculty Member
Illinois Institute of Art, Schaumburg, Ill. 09/10 – present.
- Taught user-centered web design / Flash class for 12 undergraduate students.
- Prepared presentations, activities and project guidelines.
Project Manager / Graphic Designer
Progressive Systems Network, Chicago, Ill. 08/09 – present.
- Prepared design files for print projects.
- Managed orders throughout client, vendor and billing stages.
- Wrote up thorough order specification sheets and purchase orders.
Web Designer / Teaching Artist / Intern
Young Chicago Authors, Chicago, Ill. 07/06 – present.
- Built and edited HTML/CSS- and Flash-based websites.
- Prepared printer-ready files for publications and collateral.
- Trained staff and students in design and technology.
SeatonCorp, Chicago, Ill. 01/06 – 08/09.
- Designed and produced printed materials for 100 offices nationwide.
- Wrote, coded and managed distribution of client e-newsletter.
- Coordinated with Marketing Director on special projects.
- Composed and managed Intranet content.
Freelance Web / Graphic Designer
Various projects, West Lafayette, Ind./Chicago, Ill. 05/03 – present.
- Built and maintained HTML- and Flash-based websites.
- Created / updated visual identity elements.
- Designed and printed promotional pieces.
- Wrote and distributed marketing emails and press releases.
Free Street Theater, Chicago, Ill. 10/05 – 06/06.
- Assisted with marketing activities and grant proposal writing.
- Researched issues affecting the organization.
- Coordinated efforts for fundraising events.
Senior Customer Consultant
FedEx Kinko's, Chicago, Ill. 06/05 – 10/05.
- Developed relationships with current and prospective clients.
- Explained advantages of various products and services.
- Handled customer service issues.
Graphics Artist / Summer Reporter / Staff Writer
The Exponent, daily newspaper, West Lafayette, Ind. 08/01 – 04/05.
- Designed and composed page layouts.
- Produced stand-alone and tie-in illustrations and graphics.
- Wrote news stories and human interest articles.
AlphaGraphics US 255, printshop, Chicago, Ill. 06/04 – 08/04.
- Created visual identity and promotional materials.
- Edited and prepared files for digital and offset printing.
Intern Coordinator / Intern
Precision Media Corp., advertising agency, Lafayette, Ind. 05/03 – 05/04.
- Created promotional materials for intern recruitment.
- Developed and led workshops and projects in print and web design.
- Redesigned and compiled media kit.
Purdue Debris yearbook, West Lafayette, Ind. 08/01 - 12/03.
- Created and digitally composed spread layouts.
- Managed projects with photographers, writers and designers.
- Interacted with several campus organizations.
Mac and PC interfaces
Database and accounting
American Institute of Graphic Arts. Member since 08/04.
Association for Women in Communications. Member since 08/01.
Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society. Inducted 03/03.
American Mensa. Member since 07/09.
Sigma Delta Tau sorority. Inducted 01/03.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.